Okay, I’m back to nominate my top 5 choices for Liebster Awards. This was a difficult process. I am not very good at blog reading anymore. I used to read a dozen or so blogs every day, or, every time they updated (which is not always the same thing). But over the years, the number of blogs I read on a regular basis has dwindled to just a handful.
1. Sew Bake Create is the creative blog of my friend Super Suz. She is wife to a cool dude, mom to two beautiful little girls, and superhero of the craft world. She bakes and decorates cakes, makes mosaics, sews, weaves, and the list goes on. She hasn’t updated in a few months but then, she’s a pretty busy lady. I’m hoping with this nomination she’ll get back on the blogging ball so to speak. Plus, I’m excited about my newest forays into craftiness lately and I definitely look to her for some inspiration.
2. The Literary Bunny is the nifty book blog by Christina. She has eclectic tastes in books and, much like me, loves all things book, including shopping! I haven’t been reading her long, just stumbled across her a few days ago as a matter of fact, but I’m enjoying her blog a great deal.
3. 101 Books is a blog of Robert Bruce’s journey as he reads all 100 of Time Magazine‘s greatest English-speaking novels since 1923 (plus Ulysses). Again, I haven’t been reading Robert’s blog very long but I’m enjoying it a lot. So many of the books Robert is reading are on my to-read list (and some have them have been there for a very long time!).
4. The Very Hungry Bookworm combines several of my favorite things: books, movies, and food. What more could you ask for? Again, I just stumbled across Lauren’s blog a few days ago and am loving it so far, but she hasn’t updated since October. She’s a high school teacher so I’m hoping she’s just taking a short hiatus due to the business of life (I have been known to do the same thing from time to time) and she’ll be back soon!
5. Books Without Any Pictures is the only blog (other than my first nomination) that I have been reading for longer than a week or two. I’ve been reading Grace’s blog for almost a year now. I’m planning to participate in a few reading challenges in 2012 that I’ve read about on her blog in the past couple of weeks. Her blog is definitely one to visit regularly!
Now I just need to add the award graphic to my page and I’m compliant with all 5 rules. Thanks again to Erik for nominating me!
And here’s hoping you all have had a Happy Christmas! (Check back later for the final day of Bookmas!)
**Just a note for the nominees, check my Here’s looking at you, Kid post for the rules, etc about the Liebster Award.