One of the book blogs that I read, The Broke and the Bookish, has a weekly list that they do called Top Ten Tuesday. It happens on Tuesday (usually) and it’s a top ten list of whatever their category for the week happens to be. Since one of my resolutions this year is to update this blog more often, I thought this was an appropriate week to begin participating in Top Ten Tuesday.
January 7 2014: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2014 (bookish, not bookish or a blend)
* Blog more actively, more regularly, and better. I tend to write blog posts in my head while I am work or driving or at the grocery store but then I never seem to get around to actually writing and posting. I enjoy my blog when I use it, and while I don’t want it to start to feel like a chore, I need to do more things that I enjoy, hence, I shall blog.
* Finish unpacking. I bought my house and moved in June and I still have a room full of boxes that need to be unpacked. Most of my rooms have a half lived in feeling to them. It’s easy to become overwhelmed and then end up sitting on the couch in front of the television or with my nose in a book and just ignore the room’o’boxes.
* Grow my new business. I started a home business making wreaths and other handmade items and the wreaths have been extremely popular this Christmas. I want to expand my business beyond just local sales and build up my inventory for my etsy store and perhaps look into some consignment sales in a local shop.
* Read 104 books. That’s two a week for fifty-two weeks. I have read 200+ books in a year in the past but these last few years I’ve finished less than 100 each year. While it’s great that I’m doing more than just reading, I have an extremely long to-read list (not to mention the boxes of unread books in my back room waiting to be unpacked) that I would like to make a dent in this year.
* Budget budget budget. I did some research into different budgeting styles and found one that I think will work well for me so I am beginning my 2014 budget with the goal of saving money for my “emergency” fund as well as the possibility of new counter tops in the relatively near future.
Now I must get ready for work. I know this is only five items and not ten but the rules for Top Ten Tuesday do state that you can do less than ten if you want to and since I am now running behind schedule and I tend to break resolutions anyway, I think five is a good starting point.
Are any of you working on New Year’s Resolutions for 2014? Feel free to share in the comments!